Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conflict with Discord?
We've recently started using Discord at MacAir and I've begun to have reports trickling in of severe lag in the loading of data in the flight log at the start of a flight and at the end prior to filing.
This lag can take as long as 30-60 seconds for the flight log to fully populate with some pilots reporting 15 seconds for each line of the flight report to post.
In each instance, Discord was running as an active window or in the background. I've posted the issue at Discord Support as well in the hopes this can be resolved.
I just thought it might be a good idea to get in front of the ball with this and let you know what is going on.
With Discord slowly becoming the 'new wave' of gaming communication I hope the issue can be found, though I seriously doubt it's anything to do with MACARS. I'm sure it's something in the Discord app.
Just thought I'd let you know...
Eric Grindstaff
Millennium Aviation Company
Admin - COO
[Image: Mac_Air_Logo_Final.png]
Ah ok great catch.

We have also started moving over to discord and have has some complaints about connection issues..........

We had a lot going on so wasnt able to completely identify what the problems are, we moved servers, updated tracking to https:// and added discord.

Ill mention this to my guys that are having problems.
That is strange. kACARSII does not have anything to do with Discord. Perhaps Discord is eating all CPU time? Seems a stretch but not sure what else it could be. Does Discord connect to FS?
[Image: fsproducts_xsmall.png]
Discord seems to recognise what game your playing ie fs9 fsx and p3d it will tell other users what your playing so it is somehow monitoring
I had a pilot post a chart of his CPU usage with Discord and sim running and it was maxed out. With Discord shut off it returned to normal.
It seems Discord does eat up a LOT of CPU time.
Eric Grindstaff
Millennium Aviation Company
Admin - COO
[Image: Mac_Air_Logo_Final.png]
I searched the other day and saw a lot of complaints regarding the CPU usage
[Image: fsproducts_xsmall.png]